Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Digital Storytelling / STEM



You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way."-Marvin Minsky 


We have been blessed to have been given a set of classroom Ipads for our Pre-K class.   Having these tools can open up the world for our young learners.   Ipads can provide all kinds of opportunities for learning.  Because of these devices, we can truly create a student-centric learning environment.    We are currently using some great apps that strengthen fine motor skills and review letters and numbers in a fun and engaging way.  Although these apps are great, I want my students to not just consume content but to create content on their Ipads.   That is where Digital Storytelling comes in....

This week we took a familiar children's story and added Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and re-created our own version of The Three Little Pigs. 
I am so excited to share with you what these little learners did this week in Pre-K!



The first link will show you the process. Please click the PLAY button under each picture to hear the audio.   

http://msty.me/15tOMK0 


The second link will show you the new story that was created by the students.  


http://msty.me/18pRoFn



ENJOY! 

Mrs. Weathers 


2 comments:

  1. I can't access this from my phone, will have to wait till I get to a computer but I was wondering why Luc wanted me to huff and puff and blow the cup off his foot in the tub tonight, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really awesome Mrs. Weathers! Enjoyed watching the kids experiment, could actually feel them soaking it all in...:) what a great project!

    ReplyDelete